Friday 24 June 2016

Insurance Tips and trik auto insurance, auto insurance quotes, auto insurance companies, auto insurance florida, auto insurance quotes online, auto insurance america

So, a couple of weeks ago, I posted on a (new?) insurance funding product called HMA (Health Matching Account). I was mildly critical of it, primarily because the folks pushing it were working very hard to conflate it with tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts.

They've also been pushing it pretty hard on LinkedIn, which is fine, of course,  but now they've added FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts) to their list of vehicles their product can replace. Of course, HSAs and FSAs are officially IRS-approved, tax-advantaged vehicles, while HMAs are not. Which is not to say that the product itself is necessarily evil (or even fattening), just that the marketing thereof is, well, questionable.

When I called them on this at LinkedIn, I was greeted with a barrage of derogatory comments and threats from their Marketing Director to "expose" me as "a paid troll. His articles can't be trusted because he ignores all that is true to chase a buck.. I will troll his all his post and expose this quack!"

Seems like I got under someone's skin.

Which gives one pause to wonder why, no?


from InsureBlog http://ift.tt/28ST15J
via

No comments:

Post a Comment