Tuesday 18 June 2019

Insurance Tips and trik auto insurance, auto insurance quotes, auto insurance companies, auto insurance florida, auto insurance quotes online, auto insurance america

Regular readers may recall our post from last month on insurance and CBD oil:

"
I had an interesting conversation with a doc who specializes in pain management and is a big fan of CBD oil and its pain-reducing abilities. He also claimed that taken topically (ointment) or even orally, one would likely not get flagged on a drug test."

Well, I recently received this in email from one of my group clients:

"Hi Hank!

Brought to my attention and I didn't know:

CBD oil/salves for anxiety/depression/pain management?

Has anyone asked you about these for HSA write offs?
"

Which is a great question.

I did some research, and thought I'd found the answer:

"CBD products are probably not considered HSA- or FSA-eligible, though there hasn't been any formal guidance from the IRS on the matter. This is similar to medical marijuana, which is also not HSA or FSA-eligible even if you're taking it for a diagnosed disorder or to reduce the effects of chemotherapy"

But just in case, I also reached out to our own gurus of all tns HSA/FSA/HRA. Their answer surprised me:

"Although we have received no official guidance, it’s seem reasonable that with the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill it can be reimbursed through FSA and HSA’s with a doctor’s note prescribing it for a specific diagnosis."

So there you have it: the key is in that little script fom the doc.

Sweet!


from InsureBlog http://bit.ly/2x2eQgk
via

No comments:

Post a Comment