Friday 17 November 2017

Insurance Tips and trik auto insurance, auto insurance quotes, auto insurance companies, auto insurance florida, auto insurance quotes online, auto insurance america

Although I'm no longer actively working in this market, I do get the various carrier updates and contractual changes. Yesterday's mail brought this from Evolent (to which I'm connected via what used to be Premier Health Insurance):

"On behalf of Premier Health Plan, Evolent Health would like to thank you for your relationship ... it is necessary to amend [your contract]."

Regular readers already know where this is heading, but I think this may be instructive as to why I received a particular phone call yesterday:

 
[click to embiggen]

I would estimate that it takes at least a good hour (likely more, plus service time after the sale) to do a decent job for a client, even when there are so few choices still left. And of course, there's overhead and the like, so that $5 is quickly eaten up.

And once again I would ask: will their rates be lowered to reflect the decreased comp?

(Spoiler Alert: Not likely)

Oh, about that phone call?

Well, I was the third or fourth agent she'd contacted about health insurance for her son and daughter-in-law. They're currently with CareSource (which is primarily a Medicaid carrier, but has branched out into the "commercial" arena, as well). The county in which they live currently has these health insurance choices: CareSource. Since they don't use agents, there's no incentive for anyone to sell them. Which is why the poor lady was so frustrated.

And who can blame her?

Oh, did I mention the almost 100% rate decrease increase?

Insult and injury, ObamaCare is thy name.


from InsureBlog http://ift.tt/2ioz25c
via

No comments:

Post a Comment